• Submission of recordings to be considered is limited to Recording Academy® members.
• Only recordings that are COMMERCIALLY RELEASED in the United States are eligible for consideration.
• The 1st round entry period is for recordings released from October 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. The deadline to submit entries to The Recording Academy® is 6pm PST July 8, 2019.
• The final round entry period begins July 17, and is for recordings that will be released in July and August, including those that have a scheduled release date between August 1 and August 31. [PLEASE NOTE: unlike in years past, releases scheduled for September will not be accepted this year. They will be pushed to next year's entry process.)
There are many categories and genres represented in the GRAMMY® Awards. For Hawaiian music, the category is Regional Roots, and albums must contain "at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental regional roots music". This award goes to the artist(s), producer(s), and/or engineer(s).
Information that is required in order to submit:
2. Artist type (solo, duo or group, collaboration of various artists)
3. Artist name
4. Album title
5. Release date (street date/in-store date, month/ day/year)
6. Recording date(s), or range of dates (examples: 2017 - 2018, June 2018, March - August 2018, etc. This does not need to be exact!)
7. UPC or ISRC #
8. Credited record label
9. Distribution (eligible retail or streaming service). Artist websites do not qualify. Streaming distribution links are now being accepted - and are in fact, preferred - in lieu of physical product for most categories, but services are limited to Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, or Tidal. A link to the recording must be provided. In cases where a recording is not available on these services, physical product will continue to be required.
10. Physical format to be submitted to The Recording Academy® (commercial CD preferred, vinyl, or boxed set).
11. Label copy credits/liner notes (see list of required info in the file below)
Note: An album must contain at least five tracks (different songs, not different mixes) and have a total playing time of at least 15 minutes, or it may have any number of tracks if the total playing time is at least 30 minutes.
Need help? Not a member of The Recording Academy (NARAS)? I can enter for you. Contact me at email@example.com.
The Hawai'i Academy of Recording Arts (HARA) is also offering assistance. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entry deadline is coming up SOON, so don't delay!